This story started here.
Mayor Mike Sheldon was known as "Uncle Mike." He was always depicted without a jacket, his shirt sleeves rolled up, often with a cigar jammed into the corner of his wide mouth. His hair was iron gray and close-cropped. His passions were jazz and baseball. And, as it turned out, an ever-increasing amount of control over the lives of his constituents.
For purposes of comparison, here is the real "Uncle Mike list" for that week:
Rules for An Orderly Neighborhood
- Working people have the right to quiet streets after 8PM so they can get a good night's sleep.
- People have the right to walk down the street without being bothered with pleas for money.
- People have the right to drive down the street without having to worry that somebody will step out from the curb and cause them to have an accident.
- People have the right to an education that doesn't include any concepts which might disturb them or their parents.
- Sidewalks are for walking, not for selling food, artwork, personal possessions or anything else.
- Only licensed vendors are allowed to sell on the street, and then only at their assigned location.
- Taxicabs can pick up and discharge passengers only at designated taxi stands.
- Only the guilty have any reason to be afraid to give such things as
- Voice prints
- Retinal scans
- Handwriting samples
- DNA samples
- Urine samples
- Stool samples
and therefore the innocent should be willing to give any or all of these at any time, at the request of a police officer or any other representative of the government.
find out what happens next